Friends- I’m back! Sorry for the radio silence but I recently took a new job and they sent me to New York City for training for two weeks. NYC was so fun and I really like my new job! However, it is so good to be home and getting back into a routine.
As you know, I love good food and I love going out to find new restaurants but two weeks of sitting at a table dining solo was a bit much.
Coming home still wasn’t easy. I jumped right into unpacking and laundry, cleaning up my house, going to the grocery store, being reunited with my dog, etc. It took me a hot second to find my routine again.
This weekend I feel like I was able to find my groove and I don’t think I could have asked for better weather. It’s been a long and cold winter here in Chicago and this weekend was 65 and sunny!
Yesterday I woke up early and took Roger to the dog park for a few hours. I went to the gym and had a solid workout and then an overall productive day.
The highlight of weekends when I don’t really have an agenda, is Sunday morning breakfast. I LOVE Sunday mornings! I decided that in honor of being back home, I’d make myself a homestyle breakfast. Well there is nothing more homestyle than breakfast potatoes, am I right?!
My good friend was recently at Home Goods and found a great deal on a cast iron skillet, which she remembered me mentioning I really wanted one. Well she surprised me with one! Such an amazing gift and I LOVE using it. It makes transferring dishes like this from the stovetop to the oven so easy!
When I make breakfast potatoes I like to sauté onion, green pepper and red pepper in the skillet before I add the potatoes. I also usually like to throw in bacon, but I totally forgot to add it in on time!
Top the potatoes off with an over easy egg- perfection! Talk about an all American breakfast right here!
Happy Sunday everyone!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, cubed
- 1 TSP paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. Add garlic, onion, green and red pepper. Cook until soft.
- Add in cubed potatoes, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix everything together with a wooden spoon. Cook on the stovetop for another 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer entire skillet to oven and bake for 45 minutes to one hour. Bake until potatoes are browned and tender.
- Serve with an over-easy egg (optional)