It’s September. SEPTEMBER! I had a list of summer projects I wanted to get done and I barely made a dent in it. One of the other things I said I wanted to do more of this summer was grill, but that, I managed to do!
I live in a small walk-up building and a couple moved out earlier this summer and left their grill behind, so it became the new community grill. I have put it to a lot of use that’s for sure! I don’t have much experiencing grilling, so I have played it rather safe. I pretty much stuck to hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken kabobs all summer.
Over Labor Day Weekend, my allergies had me pretty much miserable. I basically couldn’t leave the house. So on Monday I decided that since I wasn’t out with my friends, I wanted to try and make myself feel better by grilling some steaks!
I also wanted to make some veggies and the easiest way to grill them is by making foil packets. Everything is mixed together, seasoned, wrapped up in the foil and then tossed on the grill. Easy enough, right?!
I am pretty much obsessed with Trader Joe’s. It’s one of my favorite stores because I find the most interesting things there. But recently I purchased their “Everything Seasoning,” and I have used it on, well, everything! I’ve put it on my eggs, on my avocado toast, and I thought this was the perfect flavor for grilled veggies.
Once I peel the potatoes, I toss them in the microwave for a few minutes to help speed up the cooking on the grill. Then I put the quartered potatoes, asparagus and mushrooms on a piece of foil, sprinkle the seasoning over the veggies and add a small amount of Kerrygold grass-fed butter.
I threw the packets on the grill a few minutes before I put the steaks on because they need a little more time to cook. Once the potatoes are nice and brown, they’re done!
I’d say that these meal was more than a step up from the hot dogs I’ve been making all summer!
Grilled Veggie Foil Packets
- 1-2 lbs potatoes (yellow, gold or mixed), peeled and cubed
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 TBSP Kerrygold grass-fed butter
- Trader Joe’s Everything Seasoning, to taste
- Wash and peel potatoes. Cook in a microwave safe bowl for 3-5 minutes. Once they are cooled, cut in quarters.
- Place the potatoes, trimmed asparagus and sliced mushrooms onto a sheet of tin foil. Split the mixture between two sheets of foil.
- Sprinkle the seasoning generously over the veggies and add the butter to each packet.
- Wrap the foil packets closed tightly, closing any vents
- Place on a hot grill and cook for about 30 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked and lightly browned.